Green Certified Cleaning
Green Carpet Cleaners in San Antonio
Every cleaning solution you use ends up back in our environment, whether it’s through being thrown out, released into the air, or carried out on your shoes. We wouldn’t put soaps, detergents, phosphates, or other harsh chemicals directly in our air, lakes, streams, or forests–so why add them to your carpets? At Alamo Chem-Dry, we believe in sustainability and have worked toward offering a Green solution to carpet cleaning for the past two decades.
Chem-Dry’s flagship cleaning solution, The Natural®, uses natural ingredients and is on the FDA’s G.R.A.S. list. However, our dedication to sustainability doesn’t stop there. Our cleaning processes use one-fifth the amount of water that steam cleaners use, helping to ensure a healthier, Greener home.
Our Green Cleaning Standards
Chem-Dry® is continuously evaluating its cleaning methods and working towards advancements in green cleaning. Our commitment to sustainability is a part of our mission to provide people with cleaner, healthier living environments. We live in San Antonio too and we want to protect our environment for our families and communities. Plus, our non-toxic solutions are great for kids and pets and are often the only option for people with allergies.
We want to hold ourselves to high standards, which is why we created the Chem-Dry Certified program, which examines our products’ impact on people, animals, and the environment. Read below to see what those standards include.
Health, Toxicity & Safety
- Oral Toxicity: products do not include hazardous substances ingested through the mouth
- Dermal Toxicity: products do not include poisonous substances that enter through skin contact
- Inhalation Toxicity: products do not distribute harmful pollutants that are breathed in from the atmosphere
- No Carcinogens: products do not include agents which increase the likelihood of cancer
Protection of Aquatic Life
- High standards for biodegradability and not bioaccumulate. Products must not damage our streams and waterways.
Safety for Materials Contacted
- The pH of the solution of the products must be no less than 3 and no greater than 10.
Clean Air Requirements
- The solution must not contain damaging levels of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
Chem-Dry Certified Green Cleaning Products
Several of our products meet the strict standards of the Chem-Dry Certified program:
- The Natural®
- Stain Extinguisher
- World Famous Spot Remover®
- Upholstery Rinse
- Upholster Wet/Foam Cleaner
- Carpet Deodorizer
- Pet Odor Removal